[ Use up and down arrows to scroll this window. Press CRTL-P to print this window. ]
I’ve listed what FMS sent below; I haven’t had time to read it all yet. I will scan all the documents for distribution. I’m attaching a copy of my FOIA to FMS and the FMS response in PDF files.
Most of the agreements, etc., list authorities so we will have lots of stuff to track down.
1. Treasury Directive 16-31, Collection and Deposit Activities of Federal Agencies: Designation of Depositaries, Fiscal Agents and Financial Agents. Delegation to Commissioner, Financial Management Service
2. Attached to T.D. 16-31, a photocopy of 31 U.S.C. § 3301.
3. Typewritten, unsigned paragraph, “Brief description of levy”. Among other things, notes that, “Then, FMS can reduce certain federal payments up to 15 percent…”
Internal Revenue Service Interagency Agreement
Between Federal Agencies, Agreement Number TIRNO-02-M-0004, Modification 0007,
FY 2003, between the Internal Revenue Service and the Financial Management
Service. Statutory authorization: Economy Act, 31 U.S.C. § 1535 & Tax Payer
Relief Act of 1997, Pub. L. 105-34. Federal Payment Levy Program (FPLP).
Agreement term through
Agreement among FMS,
6. Agreement among FMS, IRS & Department of the Interior. Same as previous. Seven pages.
7. Agreement among FMS, IRS and the Social Security Administration. Same as previous. Nine pages.
8. Addendum to Service Level Agreement, Administrative Offset of Title II Benefit Payments – FMS, IRS & Social Security Administration. Eight pages.
FMS Memorandum of
10. Agreement among FMS, IRS and the
11. Additional terms and conditions agreement concerning Agreement to Implement Payment Type(s) for the IRS/FMS Automated Continuous Tax Levy Program. Two pages.
12. Agreement to Implement Payment Type(s) for the IRS/FMS Automated Continuous Tax Levy Program. IRS, FMS & United States Postal Service. Eight pages plus supplents.
13. Agreement between FMS, IRS & Department of Defense Finance and Accounting Service. Twenty pages. Includes basic agreement & supplements.
14. Amendment to Memorandum of Understanding between FMS & IRS concerning Tax Refund Offset Program with Treasury Offset Program.
15. Agreement on merge of the Tax Refund Offset Program and the Treasury
Offset Program, entered
[ Use up and down arrows to scroll this window. Press CRTL-P to
print this window. ]